Competitive Match Play
TCSP offers intraclub match play opportunities for players looking to put their skills to the test and show their mettle.
Unlike our group programs, which use NTRP ratings, we use UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) to organize our match play.
- UTR is a global rating system that promotes fair and competitive play across the tennis world. All players, regardless of age, gender, geography, or skill level, are rated on the same scale between 1.00 and 16.50 based on actual match results.
- UTR provides a real-time view of a player’s true skill level and eliminates the subjectivity when doing court assignments. UTR allows for level-based play and more competitive matches. Click Here to see How UTR Works!
- UTR is an objective, results-driven rating based on 1) Strength of opponent; 2) Games won; 3) History of last 30 matches within 12 months. It does not look at wins or losses. Click here to Understand the UTR Algorithm!
Join the Club
TCSP members looking for intraclub match play opportunities should join the TCSP Digital Club (it’s free!), which you can register onto by visiting this link and clicking “Request to Join”. TCSP staff will then verify you are an active TCSP member and approve your request. Note that registration for our match play events is still through your regular member portal and not through the Digital Club. We use the Digital Club to track results.
Once you are a Digital Club member, you will be able to:
- Participate in future club match play events
- Post your own scores (casual and sanctioned) to build your rating
- Look up other player ratings.
- Message other TCSP players through the UTR platform to find new playing partners
Players that have competitive playing histories from participation in USTA tournaments or recreational league play will have a UTR rating already. If you do not have a UTR rating, start posting your own scores! (Remember, you can post recreational scores: 8-game pro sets and 4-game mini sets count towards your UTR but receive slightly less weight relative to best-of-3 set matches) The more you play, the more accurate your UTR will become, and the more competitive your matches will become.
SETS in the City Singles Match Play: Spring 2021
***April/May Dates Added!***
|Women 3.0 - Women Only (1.0-2.5)||Doubles||4/18||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 3.0/Women 3.5 (2.5-4.0)||Doubles||4/25||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 2.5/Women 3.0 (1.0-2.5)||Doubles||5/2||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 2.5/Women 2.5 - 2.5 Only (1.0-2.5)||Singles||5/16||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 3.5/Women 4.0 (4.0-5.5)||Singles||5/23||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 3.0/Women 3.5 (2.5-4.0)||Doubles||5/30||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 4.0 - 4.0 Only (5.5-7.0)||Singles||6/6||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 3.0/Women 3.5 (2.5-4.0)||Doubles||6/13||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
|Men 3.5/Women 4.0 (4.0-5.5)||Singles||6/20||Sunday||8:15 AM - 9:30 AM|
How to Register
Singles/Doubles (1.25 hours)
- 10-minute warm-up; two 30-minute rounds; first to 8 games; no-ad scoring
- If no player/team has won 8 games by the 30-minute mark, winner is the leading player/team
- Additional games can be played with any extra time in each round (additional games are if all players wish to continue hitting; they are not required and do not count towards player UTRs)
- Register through your TCSP Club Automation member portal.
- Registration opens up each Monday at 6am for that week’s events (the following Saturday and Sunday).
- Registration will close 48 hours before event start time.
- Remember, all participants need to be part of TCSP’s Digital Club (just click “Request to Join”).
All TCSP members with eligible ratings are welcome! Groupings will be determined by rating to create competitive matches and are not determined by gender.
Fee is $28 for singles and $22 for doubles. Fresh balls will be provided.
Cancellations: No account credit will be given for no-shows and cancellations made within 48 hours of event start time. All such occurrences are logged in TCSP’s database. If a player has one late cancellation and/or no-show, they may be suspended from further Match Play events.
TCSP recommends the following third-party services for finding players to play with and compete against: