We are now in Phase 1.5 and have resumed limited operations! Read more here.
LAST UPDATED: Wednesday, June 13th, 2020
June 13th, 2020
As of this past week, King County has entered Phase 1.5 of reopening. This phase allows for indoor fitness facilities such as TCSP to operate in a very limited capacity. Accordingly, TCSP will open on a limited basis beginning Sunday, June 14th.
TCSP is committed to providing a safe and healthy place for our community. We have therefore implemented preventative policies and procedures to improve sanitation and reduce the spread of COVID-19. This letter will address new policies and expectations that will affect your experience at the club. For a complete list of measures we have implemented as a response to COVID-19, including facility modifications and staff procedures, please visit this[tenniscentersandpoint.com/phase-2-operations/]webpage.
All players planning on visiting TCSP during Phase 1.5 must complete the following tasks prior to returning:
- Read this update in its entirety
- Be up to date with USTA Safe Play guidelines
- Read and sign TCSP’s electronic COVID-19 waiver
As of June 14th, 2020, TCSP will open on a limited basis. The following services will be available:
- Singles Court Reservations
- 1-on-1 private lessons
- Pro Shop
Hours of Operations
- Sunday, June 14th: 9:30am to 5:00pm
- Monday, June 15th and after: 9:30am to 8:45pm
Playing at TCSP
- All visitors must complete TCSP’s electronic COVID-19 waiver of consent and commitment to TCSP’s policies prior to resuming use of the facility.
- Pack your mask! Cloth facial coverings are required to be worn by all visitors at all times when in the facility and not on court.
- Non-member guests are not permitted at this time. Only TCSP members and their immediate family members living in the same household will be permitted to play at TCSP. Spectators and guests are prohibited.
- Members are expected to inform TCSP of all players that will be playing on their court before arriving.
- A new feature has been enabled on the member portal that allows reserving hosts to add their playing partners onto the reservation. If your playing partner is a non-member immediate family member, email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your court time with the player’s full name.
- Members have up to 48 hours prior to their court time to edit their players. If an adjustment must be made within 48 hours of your court time, please call Member Services at 206.522.5008.
- To minimize in-person interactions, please resolve any issues requiring staff assistance over the phone or emailing email@example.com before arriving.
- Players will not be allowed to wait inside or congregate in the breezeway prior to their court time beginning and should wait in their cars before their court time. Facility capacity will be heavily limited to avoid congestion.
- Members with court reservations will receive an SMS message 24 hours prior to their court time confirming their reservation date, time, and assigned court number to minimize lobby congestion.
- Physical distancing guidelines of at least six feet of separation must be maintained whenever possible, to the greatest extent possible, including when on court.
- New entry and exit routes maximizing physical distance and minimizing traffic will be indicated by in-club signage. Please follow all facility signage.
- During changeovers, the main doors for each building are to be used for entry only.
- The hallway to the restrooms and the on-court curtained walkways will also be one-way routes only during changeovers.
- All customers and visitors to the workplace will be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to or immediately upon entering the facility. Sanitizing locations will be located around the facility.
- We have closed off certain areas and limited certain amenities:
- The mezzanine area is closed until further notice.
- The water fountain and water bottle filling station are closed until further notice. Players are advised to bring their own water. The north building vending machine will be operational.
- The ball machine lane and batting cages are closed until further notice.
- Shower and changing room use is prohibited. Toilets and sinks will be available, but visitors should avoid washroom use during changeovers to avoid congestion.
- Benches, chairs, and trash bins have been removed from all courts. Please remove all personal trash from your court after your reservation.
- Sanitizer will be available on court.
- Members are to follow USTA Safe Play Guidelines. For example, each player should bring their own balls and avoid touching balls belonging to other players. Avoid changing sides. Refrain from placing possessions near others’ bags and equipment. Sanitize immediately after touching any shared surface.
- Play is required to end 5 minutes prior to the end of each court time. The final 5 minutes of each court time is reserved for cleanup and departure.
- Members will be required to exit the facility immediately by the end of their court time and will not be permitted to remain in the facility.
- Players on Courts 1-6 will be required to exit through the building’s south door at the conclusion of play.
- Players on Courts 7-10 will be required to exit through the building’s northeast door at the conclusion of play.
- All members must place a payment card on file with TCSP or have a minimum of $100 credit prepaid on their account. We will no longer process cash transactions or issue paper receipts.
- Effective June 22nd, 2020, TCSP will be re-enabling weekly Electronic Fund Transfers on all accounts. Any accounts with outstanding charges will be processed at that time.
- All previously deferred membership renewals will renew and be charged on June 22nd, with an auto-renewal date of June 21st, 2021.
- If you have questions regarding your membership status, please email Monica Blum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A maximum of one pro shop customer In the south building will be permitted.
- A maximum of two pro shop customers at a time in the north building will be permitted.
- Demo racquets will continue to be available for rental at a rate of $8 per session, with all rentals credited towards the purchase of a new racquet. Pro Shop staff will disinfect racquets and rewrap grips after every use.
- The café will remain closed until further notice.
The health and well-being of our community is our greatest consideration. These protocols have been implemented for the safety of our staff and membership. We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Tennis Center Sand Point
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, please refer to this page for updates on operating hours, program clinics, lessons, and league match play at TCSP.
LAST UPDATED: Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
May 13, 2020
We hope this note finds you all healthy and in good spirits. This week marks the 9th week since closing TCSP’s doors due to the state closure mandate. All of us here at TCSP have been eagerly waiting to hit the courts with you again. Whether you played tennis at TCSP once a month or played every day, we miss seeing everyone here.
Governor Inslee’s four stages of reopening the state’s economy has TCSP and other recreational facilities scheduled to begin operating again at 50% of maximum capacity in Phase 3. The earliest possible start date for Phase 3 is June 22nd, after the expiration of the shelter-in-place order on May 31st and the subsequent start and completion of Phase 2.
Given the socially distant nature of tennis, our industry is making the case to the state for an earlier resumption of tennis activity in Phase 2. It has been proven by other industries that the governor will listen to reason and respond to pressure from large, statewide voices, so we hope the collective voice of all the tennis clubs and organizations throughout Washington along with as many players as possible rallying behind the effort will present a compelling case. Even with a successful petition, however, tennis in Phase 2 would have many restrictions with regards to players, balls, equipment, etc. With gatherings limited to 5 people outside a household per week, options for lessons may remain limited to just 1 or 2 players plus a coach, if permitted at all.
In either case of a Phase 2 or Phase 3 reopening, TCSP’s Late Spring session would be reduced to a length of just a couple weeks at most. We have therefore canceled all Junior and Adult programs for the Late Spring session and removed all corresponding outstanding charges. We are currently looking at programming options for summer and hope to share with all of you a robust and varied catalog of options soon.
TCSP is continuing to prepare for our eventual reopen with the health of our community as our first priority. There are numerous COVID-related policy, procedural, and facility changes (both temporary and permanent) that we are working on to ensure the safety and comfort of our wonderful community. As we implement these changes in the weeks leading up to reopening, we will update you via email and our website to keep you informed on how your safety and experience at the club will be affected.
While nobody knows exactly what the “new normal” will look like after reopening, we continue to remain optimistic. Now that we finally have a tentative timeline, we are excited to get back on court with the rest of you to do what we love.
The TCSP Team
LAST UPDATED: Sunday, May 24th, 2020
- The facility will be locked and closed to the general public until further notice.
- No court reservations, private lessons, or any other tennis, yoga, or batting activity will be scheduled until further notice.
- No group programs will be scheduled until further notice.
- Annual memberships that are due for renewal are also not being charged at this time. All renewal fees are being deferred until TCSP has confirmed a reopen date. Renewals are still able to cancel within the normal 30-day cancellation period from the renewal date. All memberships will also be given consideration for the closure period and be addressed by management once operations have resumed.
- Restrooms and shower facilities will be closed.
- TCSP will not have phone support during this time.
- Our staff will respond to email inquiries as normal:
- General Inquiries – email@example.com
- League Play – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Lessons – email@example.com
- Junior Programs – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournaments – email@example.com
- Events – firstname.lastname@example.org
LATE SPRING PROGRAMS
- We are currently looking at weekly programming options for summer.
- In accordance with guidelines set forth by the state government, TCSP is implementing changes to the 2020 junior summer program to operate within the restrictions and limitations on indoor, instructor-led classes during Phase 2 and Phase 3. Please see the 2020 Junior Summer Programs page for information on options for registration and what to do if you enrolled in summer camps prior to June 1st.
- Monday – Saturday: 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Willy’s Cafe is closed until further notice.
The suspension of business could possibly be extended should conditions in our region worsen.
We pray everyone stays as healthy as possible and uses good judgement to protect yourselves. All of us at TCSP thank all of you for your understanding and patience during this unprecedented time in our lives.