As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, please refer to this page for updates on operating hours, program clinics, lessons, and league match play at TCSP.
LAST UPDATED: Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
May 13, 2020
We hope this note finds you all healthy and in good spirits. This week marks the 9th week since closing TCSP’s doors due to the state closure mandate. All of us here at TCSP have been eagerly waiting to hit the courts with you again. Whether you played tennis at TCSP once a month or played every day, we miss seeing everyone here.
Governor Inslee’s four stages of reopening the state’s economy has TCSP and other recreational facilities scheduled to begin operating again at 50% of maximum capacity in Phase 3. The earliest possible start date for Phase 3 is June 22nd, after the expiration of the shelter-in-place order on May 31st and the subsequent start and completion of Phase 2.
Given the socially distant nature of tennis, our industry is making the case to the state for an earlier resumption of tennis activity in Phase 2. It has been proven by other industries that the governor will listen to reason and respond to pressure from large, statewide voices, so we hope the collective voice of all the tennis clubs and organizations throughout Washington along with as many players as possible rallying behind the effort will present a compelling case. Even with a successful petition, however, tennis in Phase 2 would have many restrictions with regards to players, balls, equipment, etc. With gatherings limited to 5 people outside a household per week, options for lessons may remain limited to just 1 or 2 players plus a coach, if permitted at all.
In either case of a Phase 2 or Phase 3 reopening, TCSP’s Late Spring session would be reduced to a length of just a couple weeks at most. We have therefore canceled all Junior and Adult programs for the Late Spring session and removed all corresponding outstanding charges. We are currently looking at programming options for summer and hope to share with all of you a robust and varied catalog of options soon.
TCSP is continuing to prepare for our eventual reopen with the health of our community as our first priority. There are numerous COVID-related policy, procedural, and facility changes (both temporary and permanent) that we are working on to ensure the safety and comfort of our wonderful community. As we implement these changes in the weeks leading up to reopening, we will update you via email and our website to keep you informed on how your safety and experience at the club will be affected.
While nobody knows exactly what the “new normal” will look like after reopening, we continue to remain optimistic. Now that we finally have a tentative timeline, we are excited to get back on court with the rest of you to do what we love.
The TCSP Team
LAST UPDATED: Sunday, May 24th, 2020
- The facility will be locked and closed to the general public until further notice.
- No court reservations, private lessons, or any other tennis, yoga, or batting activity will be scheduled until further notice.
- No group programs will be scheduled until further notice.
- Annual memberships that are due for renewal are also not being charged at this time. All renewal fees are being deferred until TCSP has confirmed a reopen date. Renewals are still able to cancel within the normal 30-day cancellation period from the renewal date. All memberships will also be given consideration for the closure period and be addressed by management once operations have resumed.
- Restrooms and shower facilities will be closed.
- TCSP will not have phone support during this time.
- Our staff will respond to email inquiries as normal:
- General Inquiries – firstname.lastname@example.org
- League Play – email@example.com
- Private Lessons – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Junior Programs – email@example.com
- Tournaments – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events – email@example.com
LATE SPRING PROGRAMS
- We are currently looking at weekly programming options for summer.
- We are not currently accepting new enrollments for our 2020 Summer Camp programs due to possible restrictions on camp sizes as a result of COVID-19. If you are interested in signing your child up for the waitlist, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name, age, and what camp(s) you are interested in.
- Monday – Saturday: 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Willy’s Cafe is closed until further notice.
The suspension of business could possibly be extended should conditions in our region worsen.
We pray everyone stays as healthy as possible and uses good judgement to protect yourselves. All of us at TCSP thank all of you for your understanding and patience during this unprecedented time in our lives.