Classes and Private Lessons
Membership: Membership is required for all private lessons, semi-private lessons and group classes at TCSP other than Tennis 101.
Class Change Policy:
- Class withdrawals and other schedule changes must be requested before the first day of each session begins. Members will receive an account credit refund for the full class fee if requested within this time frame.
- Requests for withdrawals after each session has begun will be refunded a prorated amount of the class fee in account credit based on the number of classes remaining in the session if made by the first Sunday of the session. No account credit will be issued after the second week or later.
- The only exception to this policy will be if a member has become injured and a physician’s note has been issued and provided to TCSP. A member will then be refunded a prorated amount of the class fee in account credit based on the number of classes remaining in the session.
- For instance, if the first day of the session is Monday, January 04, 2015, then the last day to withdraw from a class without a physician’s note is Sunday, January 10, 2015 for an account credit refund.
Class Make-Up Policy: Please note that TCSP does not offer a make-up policy for missed classes. There will also be no issuance of account credit or financial refunds for missed classes.
Substitution Policy: Please note that TCSP does not allow substitutes for any tennis or fitness classes. You cannot have anyone fill in for you in a class.
Class Drop-In Policy: Members with eligible ratings may drop into eligible drop-in classes (see list below) with open spaces. There are no Drop-Ins for Instructional Classes in order to maintain the progression of the class.
Drop-In players must adhere to the following procedure:
- Players must ensure the class they are requesting to drop into is a workout class, their membership is current, and they have the correct rating for the class.
- Players must sign up for the Drop-In Waiting List at the Front Desk in-person. Drop-Ins can sign up for the waitlist a maximum of 30 minutes prior to the start of the class. Drop-Ins are first-come, first-serve.
- After any dedicated drop-in spots are filled, waitlisted players may be required to wait up to 10 minutes after the class start time before being allowed in on a space-available basis depending on class attendance.* Waitlisted players are not permitted on court without signing in at the Front Desk and may not warm up on court while waiting.
*Drop-In rates apply. TCSP does not guarantee space for any Drop-In. If a class is overcapacity due to the late arrival of an enrolled player, TCSP reserves the right to ask Drop-Ins to leave the court and credit their fee. Registered players are advised to call the Front Desk if they anticipate late arrival in order to avoid overcapacity.
Drop-In Class List
- Live Ball: Dedicated Drop-In Spots
- Cardio Tennis: Dedicated Drop-In Spots
- Ball Machine Clinics: Space-Available Basis Only
- Boot Camp: Space-Available Basis Only
Private Lesson Cancellation Policy: Players must contact their Tennis Pro or our Private Lesson Coordinator (email@example.com) directly if they are unable to attend a private lesson. If canceling within 24 hours prior to your lesson, you are still responsible for paying the cost of the entire lesson.
Payment Policy: The person whose name a court reservation is initially made under is responsible for payment of the entire court fee. If you wish to split the fee among multiple party members, it is your responsibility to do so at the Front Desk before your court time.
Court Time Cancellation Policy: Members canceling court reservations (Ball Machine Hitting Lane included) within 48 hours prior to the court time will be charged the full singles court fee ($40).
Ball Machines: Ball Machines are available for an additional $10 fee per court time. When using the Ball Machine, members are expected to have picked up all balls, wheeled the Ball Machine and Ball Mower back to their storage spaces, and swept surplus ball fuzz off of the court by the end of the court time. We recommend allocating 6-7 minutes at the end of your court time for cleanup. For first time users, please see the Front Desk for assistance. Ball Machines cannot be reserved online. To check availability and to reserve, call the Front Desk at (206) 522-5008.
Ball Machine Hitting Lane: The Ball Machine Hitting Lane (BML) is available in 30 or 60 minute increments. When using the BML, members are expected to have picked up all balls and leave area clean by the end of the court time. A maximum of 2 people at a time are allowing in the area. If there are more than 2 people rotating out is required.
Ball Hopper Policy: No outside ball hoppers are allowed. A hopper of balls is available for rent for $5. Ball hoppers are only allowed for use in the following cases: (1) a parent feeding balls to a family member (2) to practice serves. Balls must be picked up by the end of the court time.
Music: Please be aware that classes such as Cardio Tennis, Wimbledon Workout, Ball Machine Clinics, and Live Ball Clinics play music to provide a unique experience. Pending availability, you may make a request for a court away from a clinic that will use music by checking in at the Front Desk before your court time, or by calling the Front Desk at time of booking.
Coaching: Private lessons and drilling by coaches other than TCSP Tennis Pros is prohibited
Billing and Facility
- TCSP will refund members in the form of an account credit only.
- Account credits are non-transferable are not redeemable for cash.
- Account credits will expire two (2) years after date of issuance, and will only apply to tennis-related activities, i.e. programs, lessons, clinics, court and ball machine rentals, USTA/Cup team activity, and membership fees.
- Account credits can be used to purchase TCSP gift certificates.
- Prices for services are subject to change without notice.
- Credit from classes and programs cannot be applied towards Pro Shop or Cafe purchases.
- TCSP does not issue cash refunds or returns to credit cards.
- TCSP will only provide a full monetary refund in the instance a program is canceled due to low enrollment prior to a session starting or on a prorated basis if canceled after a session has started.
House Account Policy: TCSP processes payments for each member account by charging the card associated with that account for the entire balance on the account every Monday morning. If an account does not have a card associated with it or the card on file is declined, that member will have 7 days after the first failed transaction to remit payment for all outstanding charges. Accounts with outstanding balances older than 7 days will have their memberships suspended until their billing information has been updated, and they will be unable to enroll in classes and private lessons, reserve court times, or play in USTA leagues. Once we have received payment, all suspended services will be reactivated. Please call the Front Desk after remitting payment to ensure that your membership is reactivated.
Unaccompanied Minors: Children 12 years and younger are not permitted to be unaccompanied by a parent or guardian other than during a registered program, class, or lesson.
Inclement Weather Policy: TCSP will operate per normal operating hours and schedules even in the event of snow or icy conditions. TCSP will not close based on local school closures and members are still required to cancel their court reservations per the court cancellation policies if they feel they would not be able to travel safely.
Given snow forecasts typically advise of winter conditions 3-5 days in advance, there should be adequate time to cancel if necessary. TCSP encourages members to call the club for the latest information, especially early morning classes. Any closures, program cancellations, or adjustments to operating hours will also be posted on our social media accounts and on the above link.
If conditions cause the facility to close while operating: Then advance court reservations will be notified via email and not charged for that day’s court reservation if not used. Canceled clinics will be credited to each player’s account for that day. If in the middle of a private lesson or court reservation, then TCSP will wait for you to complete your court or clinic and then close for the remainder of the day. Should you choose to leave a lesson or court early, no credit will be issued.
Alcohol: Teams and individuals are prohibited from bringing any type of alcohol into the facility. Alcohol and other beverages are available for purchase at Center Court Cafe. Alcohol purchased from the Center Court Cafe can only be consumed upstairs in the Main Building and cannot be taken downstairs, outside, or to the North Building.