Why do I need a rating?
TCSP uses the National Tennis Rating Program to help adult players find the appropriate class and program that best fits their level of play. Ratings ensure that all players maximize their time on the court, are adequately challenged by fellow competitors, and that everyone has a fulfilling and positive experience in the class.
TCSP offers new members interested in taking classes a complimentary private evaluation.*
If you elect not to purchase a membership by the time of your appointment, the evaluation fee is $25 + tax, which can be credited towards a future TCSP membership.
*Members have up to 60 days after joining to schedule their complimentary evaluation. No-shows/cancellations made within 24 hours of a complimentary evaluation will count as use of the benefit; make-ups will be assessed the standard evaluation fee and cannot be credited towards membership fees.
USTA Players: If you play or have played USTA Adult Leagues and have a verifiable rating on the USTA’s TennisLink website, you do not need to get rated! Call our Front Desk at (206) 522 – 5008, and we will enter this in our system as your NTRP rating. Please note that we do not accept ratings from other clubs or instructors not employed at TCSP.
Junior Players: Please use this page instead to schedule your evaluation.
Private Rating Evaluation
- Schedule a 15-minute, private evaluation with one of our Tennis Pros, where you will hit a variety of shots and be given your rating after the evaluation.
- Evaluation times are usually on Sundays.
- Cost: $25 + tax. (Free for new members! Members will have up to 60 days after joining to schedule their evaluation. Players can also credit their evaluation fee towards future membership.)
- Schedule today through our private lesson coordinator. Include name, contact information, and preferred date/time.
- Evaluations are for adult players. Junior players should schedule evaluations using this page.