Orange Ball Tennis Classes
10 & Under Tennis is about fitting tennis to kids based on age and physical size. Any child between the ages of six and ten can start playing tennis almost immediately, even if he or she has never picked up a racquet! To make it easier for them, we changed the court sizes, racquet sizes, the balls, the scoring system and even the net height! Like other popular youth sports, 10 & Under Tennis stresses the importance of play and team competition. By helping kids learn in an environment that focuses on camaraderie, self-esteem, physical fitness, discipline and good sportsmanship, they will develop just as many life skills as they will tennis skills.
Which Orange Ball class should my child take?
TCSP offers three Orange Ball classes – Orange Ball 1.0, Orange Ball 2.0, and Orange Ball 3.0. The number corresponds to your child’s rating (level).
- Is your child a beginner? Then she/he should sign up for Orange Ball 1.0!
- If your child has previously taken classes at TCSP, you should continue to sign them up for the current level until told otherwise by the junior program coordinator directly. If you can’t remember which level your child enrolled in last, call the front desk at (206) 522 – 5008 to find out your child’s rating.
- If your child has been taking lessons elsewhere and has never taken a class at TCSP, then email the junior program coordinator to schedule a 15-minute evaluation. In your message, please include the following: your child’s name, age, and prior experience.
Beginning players that are new to the game or have had minimal tennis exposure such as 1 week of summer camp. Players will develop an athletic and tennis foundation in a fun environment. The priority of Orange Ball 1.0 is learning how to rally.
- No experience necessary
- For the new tennis player who has never played before
|Orange Ball 1.0 Schedule|
|Friday||5:15 - 6:15 PM|
|Saturday||9:45 - 10:45 AM|
|Saturday||10:45 - 11:45 AM|
|Saturday||11:45 AM - 12:45 PM|
Price for 8-week session: $ 160 + tax
Players graduating from Orange Ball 1.0 and developing rally skills. Must meet the following competencies to participate in Orange Ball 2:
- Player must be able to rally 15 times in a row minimum with a coach, including at least 2 backhands.
- Player must know ready position, listening position, bring it in, split step, ready steps, and how to call a ball out.
- Player must be able to demonstrate the forehand & backhand groundstroke, with understanding of the preparation, hands, and follow-through.
- Player needs to know the different lines and areas of a 60′ court.
- Player must be able to drop & hit, and trap & catch.
- Player must be able to demonstrate reliable listening skills in following pro’s guidance.
|Orange Ball 2.0 Schedule|
|Tuesday||4:00 - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||4:00 - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||4:15 - 5:15 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 - 9:30 AM|
Price for 8-week session: $ 160 + tax
Players graduating from Orange Ball 2.0 and developing rally skills with both forehand and backhand are now getting into a more competitive environment. Rally skills are accomplished with solid technique. Must meet the following competencies to participate in Red Ball 3:
- Player must be able to rally 25 times in a row minimum with a coach, including at least 4 backhands.
- Must be able to cooperative rally 10 in a row with peer.
- Player must be able to demonstrate the unit turn, follow-through, and recovery on both the forehand & backhand groundstroke.
- Player must know the concept of a split-step and when to use.
- Player must be able to successfully serve from the 60′ baseline (6 out of 10).
- Player must be playing in our program at least twice a week.
- Player must know scoring format for a USTA 11 & Under match.
- Player must be able to demonstrate simple racket skills with continental grip.
|Orange Ball 3.0 Schedule|
|Tuesday & Thursday||5:00 - 6:15 PM|
Price for 8-week session (Tue & Thur)*: $200 x 2 = $400 + tax
* Orange Ball 3.0 players must register for both Tuesday and Thursday classes.
2018-2019 Indoor Schedule
TCSP classes run in 8-week sessions. Below is the registration and session schedule for 2018-2019.
Registration opens at 6:00am on each day listed below.
Adult Fitness &
Ball Machine Clinics
Adult Tennis Clinics
Juniors 3 - 10 yrs
Juniors 11 - 18 yrs
|Session Start & End Date
2018-2019 Adult Class Schedule
|Late Spring 2018*||Mar 26||Mar 27||Apr 2||Apr 3||Apr 23 - Jun 24*
|Summer 2018||May 21||May 21||Summer Camps||Summer Camps||Jul 9 - Aug 26
Adult Summer Class Offerings
|Early Fall 2018||Jul 30||Jul 31||Aug 6||Aug 7||Sep 3 - Oct 28|
|Late Fall 2018||Oct 1||Oct 2||Oct 8||Oct 9||Oct 29 - Dec 23|
|Winter 2019||Nov 26||Nov 27||Dec 3||Dec 4||Jan 7 - Mar 3|
|Early Spring 2019||Feb 4||Feb 5||Feb 11||Feb 12||Mar 4 - Apr 28|
|Late Spring 2019||Apr 1||Apr 2||Apr 8||Apr 9||Apr 29 - Jun 23|
|Camps 2019||Jan 1||Jan 1||Jun 24 - Aug 23|
|Summer 2019||May 20||May 21||July 1 - Aug 18|