For Players Aspiring to Play College or Professional Tennis
“Talent is just the beginning, hard work is everything”
TCSP’s High Performance Program’s mission is to create an environment where players can be trained in all aspects of their game including mental skills, shot selection, strategy, proper mechanics, and fitness.
‘We are a team”
- Excellence is achieved by pushing one another
- Challenging but supporting each other like a family
- Understanding responsibilities as a tennis player
- Making true commitments
- Exercising self-discipline
- Maintaining a progress tennis journal
‘”In high level tennis, movement and fitness are everything”
- Body weight resistance training
- Plyometric training
- Balance and agility
- Speed training
- Hand and eye coordination training to improve quick hands
- Balance and agility
“Play with your mind & compete with your heart”
- Successful competition
- Mental toughness
- Adjusting to different styles’ play
- Strategies & awareness
- Being ready to adjustments and compensate
Mental Toughness Training
‘”Stay in control of yourself before you control how you play”
- Progressive relaxation training
- Visualization training
- Systematic goal setting for individuals
- Finding each player’s “inner motivation”
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulations
- Finding each player’s zone
Bio coming soon.
Bio coming soon.
Bio coming soon
Skyler grew up playing tennis in Hawaii where he was high school state champion and ranked #1 in the section in Boy’s 16’s & 18’s and under, and as high as 57 nationally in Boys 18’s and under. He later signed to play for the University of Washington where he was co-team captain his last two years, maintained winning singles and doubles records, and was awarded ITA All-Academic Team honors.
Skyler is currently in his last year of graduate school at The University of Washington’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program. During this time, he has coached at a variety of tennis centers and clubs including The University of Washington and Sand Point Country Club. He is a PTR certified tennis professional and has been working with the TCSP high performance program for 1 year.
- High performance program has 4 players to 1 coach ratio & Maximum number of players on one court is 4
- The High Performance program runs Monday through Friday and follows the same 8-week schedule as the Junior Programs at TCSP.
- Payments are made at the beginning of each 8-week session.
- Please contact Brian Park via email to schedule a consultation and evaluation for your junior.
- Brian Park’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach him by phone at (714) 213-6773.
- Private Lessons with Brian Park start at $90 per hour.
Indoor Session Schedule
|Early Fall||September 2||October 26|
|Late Fall||October 27||December 21|
|Winter||January 5||March 1|
|Early Spring||March 2||April 26|
|Late Spring||April 27||June 21|
|Summer||June 22||August 31|
|Fit: 6-7pm||Fit: 6-7pm||Fit: 6-7pm|
- Payments are due by the first day of the session for the full 8 week session.
- Please always specify how you would like your payment processed by accounting: On your House Account or By Check (can be handed in to the front desk)
- A 5% discount will be given if 2 or more of your children are in our program.
- Players and parents will treat coaches and administrators with fairness and respect.
- Parents will notify Brian or Rachel if their child cannot make class.
- For a full list of Tennis Center Sand Point’s policies please refer to our website: http://tenniscentersandpoint.com/policies/
Make-up Lesson Policies
Have to be communicated with Rachel through emails only to email@example.com
- Makeup lessons will be given on a space available basis if and only if 24hour notice is given before missing a class.
- 12hour notice is allowed for tournament play.
- Makeup lessons will only be allowed if notice is given to Rachel via firstname.lastname@example.org
- All makeup classes must be used by the end of the session, no exceptions. Refunds will not be given for unused makeup classes.
- You may give notice for a missed class as far in advance as possible, for example: holidays, tournament play, high school matches.
- You may make requests for certain days to use as a makeup. I will confirm if there is space available or not. Please try to makeup in the morning or on Saturdays if possible (we have more courts available at these times).
- There will be no makeup lessons for missed Fitness and Mental sessions.