For Players Aspiring to Play College or Professional Tennis
Tennis Center Sand Point’s High Performance Program is directed by Brian Park. The High Performance Program is for competitive junior players who have aspirations of playing college or even professional tennis and have the commitment to undergo the rigors of a player development program. Over the last eight years, as an owner and director of an academy in Southern California, Brian has coached over 30 players who were top 100 in the nation.
Brian has trained and placed over 40 players to prestigious Universities like UCLA, University of Oklahoma, University of Pennsylvania, University of San Diego, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Amherst College, Air Force Academy, Carnegie Mellon, UC San Diego, Claremont McKenna College and many more.
“Talent is just the beginning, hard work is everything”
TCSP’s High Performance Program’s mission is to create an environment where players can be trained in all aspects of their game including mental skills, shot selection, strategy, proper mechanics, and fitness.
‘We are a team”
- Excellence is achieved by pushing one another
- Challenging but supporting each other like a family
- Understanding responsibilities as a tennis player
- Making true commitments
- Exercising self-discipline
- Maintaining a progress tennis journal
‘”In high level tennis, movement and fitness are everything”
- Body weight resistance training
- Plyometric training
- Balance and agility
- Speed training
- Hand and eye coordination training to improve quick hands
“Play with your mind & compete with your heart”
- Successful competition
- Mental toughness
- Adjusting to different styles of play
- Strategies & awareness
- Being ready to adjust and compensate
Mental Toughness Training
‘”Stay in control of yourself before you control how you play”
- Progressive relaxation training
- Visualization training
- Systematic goal setting for individuals
- Finding each player’s “inner motivation”
- Self Awareness
- Self Regulation
- Finding each player’s zone
Brian is the Director of the High Performance Program at TCSP. As a former eight year owner and director of an academy in Southern California, Brian coached over 30 players who were ranked top 100 in the nation. Brian has trained and placed over 40 players to prestigious Universities like UCLA, University of Oklahoma, University…
Kyle grew up playing tennis in the Pacific Northwest and developed a reputation as one of the toughest competitors in the area. As a junior, Kyle was a successful and hard-working student of the game. Kyle played at Eastern Washington University (EWU) for four years and helped develop the school into a nationally recognized name…
- High performance program has 4 players to 1 coach ratio & Maximum number of players on one court is 4
- The High Performance program runs Monday through Saturday and follows the same 8-week schedule as the Junior Programs at TCSP.
- Payments are made at the beginning of each 8-week session.
- Please contact Brian Park via email to schedule a consultation and evaluation for your junior.
- Brian Park’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach him by phone at (714) 213-6773.
- Private Lessons with Brian Park start at $90 per hour.
Indoor Session Schedule
|Session||Starting Date||Ending Date|
|Early Fall||September 2||October 26|
|Late Fall||October 27||December 21|
|Winter||January 5||March 1|
|Early Spring||March 2||April 26|
|Late Spring||April 27||June 21|
|Summer||June 22||August 31|
|Fit: 6-7pm||Fit: 6-7pm||Fit: 6-7pm|
- Payments are due by the first day of the session for the full 8 week session.
- Please always specify how you would like your payment processed by accounting: On your House Account or by Check (can be handed in to the front desk).
- A 5% discount will be given if 2 or more of your children are in our program.
Drop-in classes must be prearranged with Rachel via the email@example.com email. Drop-in classes are for High Performance players only. The fee for drop-in classes is $90.00 which is to be paid at the time of the drop in either by check or charged to the house account.
- Players and parents will treat coaches and administrators with fairness and respect.
- Parents will notify Brian or Rachel if their child cannot make class.
- For a full list of Tennis Center Sand Point’s policies please refer to our website: http://tenniscentersandpoint.com/policies/
Make-up Lesson Policies
Have to be communicated with Rachel through emails only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Makeup lessons will be given on a space available basis if and only if 24hour notice is given before missing a class.
- 12hour notice is allowed for tournament play.
- Makeup lessons will only be allowed if notice is given to Rachel via email@example.com
- All makeup classes must be used by the end of the session, no exceptions. Refunds will not be given for unused makeup classes.
- You may give notice for a missed class as far in advance as possible, for example: holidays, tournament play, high school matches.
- You may make requests for certain days to use as a makeup. I will confirm if there is space available or not. Please try to makeup in the morning or on Saturdays if possible (we have more courts available at these times).
- There will be no makeup lessons for missed Fitness and Mental sessions.