No. The TCSP is a public tennis facility owned and operated by a private management group.
Monday to Friday = 5:45 am – 11:15 pm
Saturday to Sunday = 7:00 am – 11:15 pm
- Christmas Day
- Labor Day
- Maintenance days – TBD
- Half Days or limited hours:
Fourth of July
New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
Parking is open to all patrons of Magnuson Park and is on a first-come first-serve basis.
There are approximately 50 spaces by the entry to the tennis center including ADA parking.
There is no charge for parking in Magnuson Park.
TCSP's Hits for Health
You can follow the links and make a direct donation on the Fred Hutch page, AND send our invitation to any friends who might want to contribute!
My junior player doesn't have $100 for the court donation..... what's the best way for him to find sponsor/donors?
Have your player forward the link for the event to his classmates, friends and family and ask them to make a joint donation using his name! He may end up being one of top donation winners! www.tenniscentersandpoint.com/h4h
We will find someone for you to hit with! Just get yourself registered and paid for at a time that works for you and we will have a hitting partner for you!
For large groups, purchase 1 court per 2 players. If you have 10 players, then purchase 5 courts at $100 each or $500 total. However, raising more than the minimum is highly encouraged! Be sure to email us to let us know all your players names that will be participating at email@example.com.
Yes, if you cannot be at the rally or choose not to, you can still follow the online information page to a donation link.
I don't like giving my credit card out, can I make a cash or check contribution for any amount at the TCSP desk and to whom to I make it out?
Checks can be made directly to “Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center” and turn it into the TCSP Front Desk.
Yes, the court time, facility and extra costs related to putting on this event are all being donated by Tennis Center Sand Point.
I am a super busy student but I need service hours so is there any way that I can help out and get service hours?
Yes, just email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn where we can use some help on Sunday November 13th.
I want to be my Cup Team's representative so how do I get them to contribute to my court time donations?
Just forward one of the flyers and let them know you are going to be rallying… They can contribute to your court by using the joint donation prompt at the end of the donation page. Fred Hutch will keep track of all the donations you raise and will keep us informed as well.
If you can rally the ball and raise the funds you are welcome and greatly appreciated!
While there will be some competitions within our Rally-athon, there is no penalty for not getting 500 consecutive balls. Most will probably have a few breaks but the fun is in the trying and the fundraising is really the doing for this special day!
After logging into your online account, you can see the court times that are available or booked by clicking on “Reserve a Court”.
Simply select the court and time you wish to play and follow the prompts to reserve the court.
You will pay for the court at the time you make the reservation, unless you have a weekly billing account.
Prime Time are the high usage hours. Prime Time court rentals are for court times from Monday through Thursday during the 5pm – 8:45pm hours.
Yes. You can select other members to share in the cost of renting a court during the reservation process.
No. There are no guest fees for non-members.
Guests need to register at the front desk prior to playing and are encouraged to arrive 10 minutes early prior to court or class time.
There is a 48-hour cancellation policy for all court reservations. Members can cancel courts 48 hours prior to their reserved time at charge. If a member cancels a court with less than 48 hours notice, then they will be charged the cost of a Singles court fee.
TCSP charges for all cancellations within 48 hours prior to the court time.
Reservations for courts will be allowed each day at 5:45 am for 6-day advance online reservations.
Members can only reserve one court per time slot.
Members can reserve a maximum of three (3) tennis courts at a time.
If a member is currently on-court and nobody has booked the court time immediately following them, they may come out after their original court time and book the next slot.
Members can play on more than one court time a day (e.g. if they play with a friend who booked the court, they can still add their name to the court to split the cost); they can also take as many classes and private lessons a day as they wish.
Members may reserve up to three (3) tennis courts at any given time within their 6-day reservation window.
Members may reserve one (1) Prime Time court at any given time within their 6-day reservation window.
No more than one court can be booked during the same time slot.
Outside hoppers are not allowed because we have had issues with people replacing their balls with fresher TCSP balls. Hoppers are available for rent at a cost of $5.
I am snowed in and can't make it to my court time this morning. Will I be charged for my court time?
- Please see TCSP’s full Inclement Weather Policy here.
Cancellation policy: 24 hours – must contact Tennis Pro directly. If you cancel within 24 hours of your lesson, you will be responsible for paying the entire lesson.
I withdrew from a class last session. Can I use that account credit towards my husband's class this session?
Yes. If your accounts are linked, the system will automatically transfer credit from linked accounts to accounts with outstanding charges on them.
TCSP processes payments for each member account by charging the card associated with that account for the entire balance on the account every Monday morning. If an account does not have a card associated with it, payment for service is due at the time of booking. In the event a card is declined, that member will have 7 days after the first failed transaction to remit payment for all outstanding charges. Accounts with outstanding balances older than 7 days will have their memberships suspended until their billing information has been updated, and they will be unable to enroll in classes and private lessons, reserve court times, or play in USTA leagues. Once we have received payment, all suspended services will be reactivated. Please call the Front Desk after remitting payment to ensure that your membership is reactivated.
Membership is not required to reserve court times, but is required to reserve court times in advance. It is also required to take private lessons, play in leagues, and enroll in classes.
Online Membership Account Access
Reserve courts 6 days in advance online
Register for all Tennis Programs & Clinics online
Private Lesson Eligibility
Register for TCSP Special Events & Clinics
USTA & Seattle Cup League Team Eligibility
- Non-members can reserve and pay for a tennis court in person on the same day pending availability.
- Non-members must register and sign a liability waiver prior to playing.
Memberships are annual, with auto-renewals scheduled one-year from the date of purchase. You can opt out of auto-renew by emailing Monica Blum at email@example.com
Refunds will only be allowed in the event that a member has to move out of the Seattle area.
Memberships are not transferable and will be returned to the Tennis Center upon expiration, early termination or early surrender for refund due to a relocation/move.
Families & Seniors
Yes. A spouse, children and/or senior members of your family may be registered individually but your online account would act as the financially responsible account.
No. Any junior can become a member on their own with a parent/guardian’s consent. Payments for tennis activities will be managed online via the parent/guardian.
Yes. Any junior member can reserve a court time through his/her online account with an approved credit card on file by a parent/guardian, however juniors under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult on the court. Junior members are not able to reserve Prime Time courts on Monday through Thursday during the 5pm – 9pm hours.
- TCSP discounts Senior memberships by 34% and Senior clinics by 27%.
- TCSP offers Seniors complimentary court times during certain allocated times of the week
Are there opportunities to play for free at the TCSP? And, if so, how does one take advantage of this opportunity?
Each week, the TCSP will offer free court times for seniors.
It will be offered on a first-come first-serve basis and is limited to two reservations per senior per week.
Registration & Classes
I know I need a rating to sign up for classes, and I don't have a rating with TCSP, but I have a USTA rating. Can I use this as my TCSP rating?
- Yes! If you play USTA Adult Leagues and have a verifiable rating on the USTA’s TennisLink website, call the Front Desk at (206) 522 – 5008, and we will enter this in our system as your NTRP rating.
- We do not accept ratings from different clubs or instructors who are not employed at TCSP.
What is the refund policy for when a player drops a class before the session starts? After the session starts?
Class Change / Refund Policy: Schedule changes must be secured by the first Sunday of each session, and can only be done on a space available basis. No schedule change(s), refunds, or account credit will be allowed after the first Sunday of each session. For instance, if the first day of the session is Monday, January 04, 2016, then the last day to withdraw from a class is Sunday, January 10, 2016. Refunds will be issued in the form of Account Credit, and may be prorated if you withdraw after the first class meeting. Account credit will only apply to the use of tennis-related activities, i.e. programs, lessons, clinics, court and ball machine rentals, and USTA/Cup team activity. Credit from classes and programs cannot be applied towards the Pro Shop or Cafe purchases. In case of injury, a doctor’s note is needed for account credit.
What's the drop-in policy for clinics and fitness classes? If the class is full, but not everyone shows up, can a player drop-in?
There are no Drop-Ins for Instructional Classes in order to keep the progression of the class the same with the people in the class, but you can drop into any fitness class under certain conditions:
- You are a member
- If a class is not full, you may drop in and pay the per-time fee.
- If a class is full, you may drop in on a space available basis ONLY.
- Drop-Ins are required to wait in the lobby at least 5 minutes for attendance to be taken and to give enrolled players a chance to be present.
- Drop-Ins are not allowed on court to warm up during the this waiting period.
Due to the high volume of players TCSP serves, we are unable effectively offer make-ups.
- There are no subs. Anyone wishing to sub may drop-in at the normal per-time rate/rules.
- Class Change / Refund Policy: Schedule changes must be secured by the first Sunday of each session, and can only be done on a space available basis. No schedule change(s), refunds, or account credit will be allowed after the first Sunday of each session. For instance, if the first day of the session is Monday, January 04, 2016, then the last day to withdraw from a class is Sunday, January 10, 2016. Refunds will be issued in the form of Account Credit, and may be prorated if you withdraw after the first class meeting. Account credit will only apply to the use of tennis-related activities, i.e. programs, lessons, clinics, court and ball machine rentals, and USTA/Cup team activity. Credit from classes and programs cannot be applied towards the Pro Shop or Cafe purchases. In case of injury, a doctor’s note is needed for account credit.
All players looking to register for classes have the same registration date. Keeping registration opportunities equal for both current and new players is the best way to give a fair shot to the most new members and players as possible to get on court.
I will be out of town on Registration Day or without access to internet. Can I sign up over the phone?
- We will not accept any phone registrations during the first week registration is open. We recommend providing a friend with your username and password and asking them to sign you up online.
- If your friend has provided you their username and password, you can sign them up online. If you are signing up in-person, you may sign your family members up along with members from one other family.
No. In order to ensure the best possible experience and opportunity for growth for all players, everyone is required to have the exact rating specified for that particular class.
You can reset your password using the link at https://tcsp.clubautomation.com/. If you are still unable to access your account, please do not create multiple accounts. Give our Front Desk a call at 206.522.5008, and we can change your username and/or reset your password manually.
The system filters out results based on various account attributes. In order to sign up for non-beginner tennis classes, you must have 1) an active membership and 2) an NTRP rating on file. Juniors must also have the correct age and rating. Please see our Get Started page for more details.
If a class says to “Call”, then the class is at maximum capacity and we are no longer accepting new participants. Please text or call the Front Desk at 206.522.5008 to be placed on the waitlist. In the event a spot opens up, we will call and email you letting you know. If we are unable to reach you by phone call, you have 24 hours to respond until we reach out to the next waitlister.
I took Clinic 2.0 last session. Why can I not see Clinic 2.5? / My child took Red Ball 1.0 last session. Why can I see Red Ball 2.0?
If you were not notified of a rating change, then your instructor has determined your rating has remained the same and that you should re-enroll in the same level of class for the following session.
This is something our software company is still developing. If you have account credit you would like to apply to your class, please register for the class by paying in full first. Then call our Front Desk at 206.522.5008 to have one of our Front Desk staff refund your payment equal to the amount of your credit and manually apply it.
Registration opens for each class on its respective registration day at 6am. See our Get Started page for details.
If it is registration day and you can see the classes but no links to sign up, then check to see that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is a known issue regarding Internet Explorer’s incompatibility with our software. Please note that due to our software’s processing and security standards, most versions of Internet Explorer are not compatible with our software.
You are not signed up for the class until you submit payment. After adding a class to your cart, click on “View Cart” in the top-right of the screen. From there, you will be able to “Continue, to Check Out’ in the bottom-right. After completing the payment process, the class should now show up under “Your Registrations” and in your Statement
In order to sign up for non-beginner tennis classes, you must have 1) an active membership and 2) an eligible NTRP rating on file. Juniors must also have the correct age and rating. Please see our Get Started page for more details.
- Unfortunately, the system lists past classes registered for as well. This is something our software provider is currently working on. Only the classes with the Season Information displayed are current.
- e.g. TCSP Indoor Season 2016-17 (08/29/2016 – 06/18/2017)
I added a class to my cart and attempted to submit payment information, but I received a “Payment Amount Invalid” message. Am I signed up for the class?
No. These kickbacks are related to the timing of the registration process. As multiple people are in the process of registering, some members complete their registrations before others. So while there was potentially a spot open when the class was initially to their cart, there may no longer be any spots left at the time registration is completed. The notification “Invalid Payment Amount” is generated due to the fact that the system no longer recognizes a charge to be paid for, since the class no longer has any available spots.
- Players wanting an updated rating will be required to obtain a Rating Change Evaluation Form from the Front Desk. Players should give this form to their instructor at the start of class, who will then evaluate specific areas of that player’s game with numerical scores and provide any additional comments as necessary.
- Players will be limited to one (1) rating update per session. If that player is enrolled in multiple classes, we recommend requesting a rating update within an instructional class.
- Players can request their rating update at any time during a session. We recommend requesting an update the week before registration opens for the next session (usually 4th week of class) or the last week of each session.
- Players can also request a Private Rating Evaluation for $25 at any time they wish, pending availability.
Why should I get re-rated during the middle of a session rather than at the end of a session? Won't I improve?
- Registration for the next session usually occurs around the 4th week of the current session. If you think that you are ready to play in the next level up, you should get re-rated before registration for the next session opens.
- By having registration for the upcoming session before the last weeks of class, TCSP is able accommodate player schedule changes as well as adjust class offerings depending on enrollment levels. If at the end of the session a player has improved enough to merit a rating increase, they may adjust their registrations for the next session as space allows. If they are unable to enroll in a class with their new rating, they will be able to participate in any classes they have already enrolled in.