Located in the heart of Seattle’s Warren G. Magnuson Park, the Tennis Center at Sand Point provides the Pacific Northwest with the highest quality tennis services. This new public tennis facility complements the expanding facilities and amenities at Magnuson Park, which include:
- Indoor Soccer by Arena Sports Magnuson
- Health & Fitness by Magnuson Athletic Club
- Climbing and Outdoor Awareness by The Mountaineers Club
- Auditorium & Gymnasium at the Magnuson Community Center
- Soccer, Softball, Rugby at the Magnuson Ball Fields
- Seattle’s Largest Off-Leash Area at Magnuson Dog Park
- Cycling Programs through Cascade Bicycle Club
- Water Sports at Sail Sand Point Boating Center
The Tennis Center at Sand Point opened its doors in August of 2013. Featuring ten indoor courts, the facility caters to tennis enthusiasts of all ages, skill levels and backgrounds. This professionally staffed, full service tennis center offers high quality programming to the general public and boasts a new clubhouse that will serve as host to a number of tennis functions, activities and tournaments.
The Center places a special emphasis on developing the youth in the Seattle community, while providing much needed indoor courts for the vast number of adult teams and individuals desperately seeking a dry court.
For the past three years, tennis programs were offered at the temporary 4-court indoor facility in Magnuson Park known as the Racquet Training Center at Sand Point (RTC). The RTC was able to build a customer base of over 1,500 players while the larger Center completed its entitlement process for development.